Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Waking up early

My husband and I couldn't be more different when it comes to our sleeping/waking cycles. I am a morning person and he is a night owl. For me, it doesn't matter what time it is, if I'm tired I go to sleep. For Adam, if it's before 11pm, it's too early to go to bed, nevermind how early he woke up or how busy his day was. Basically, this results in a lot of instances where he's awake after I've gone to sleep, and times where I wake up and have lots of alone time before he gets out of bed. Many times, one or both of us are frustrated that the other can't adjust to our personal biological clock. A lot of times, though, at least for me, I appreciate a little "me time" to start the day.

Like today. My alarm started going off at 7am and I got out of bed at 7:20am. Adam and I planned to retake the pushups exhuastion test
and go for our run at 8:30am since I have to work tonight. As can be expected, that time start has gotten pushed back because Adam didn't roll out of bed until almost an hour after me. But I'm still in a great mood. Waking up early was easy; I felt really well-rested. I fed the dog, started this blog post and made a mental list of the things I need to accomplish today.

I think I'm going to try to wake up at about this time for the next couple of days, even if I don't have early plans like today. I'm at my most productive in the morning, and waking up early extends that time. Early is also preferred for morning walks with Skeletor now that summer temperatures have come to stay here in Florida. Hopefully, Adam will understand.

On a different note, here's a page I glued together last night and photographed this morning. See? So productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment