Thursday, May 21, 2009

Running Milestone!

I felt AWESOME after my run yesterday. Physically and mentally, I just felt like everything was clicking. Plus, I was super psyched that I hit a milestone. For the first time since I started the Couch to 5K program I ran for longer than I walked. I ran 16 minutes in two intervals of 8, and I walked 15 minutes with 5 minutes each for a warm up, recovery between the running intervals and cool down.

I'm still super nervous about my scheduled run tomorrow. I'm supposed to go for 20 minutes with no walking. It seems like a pretty big jump from 16 minutes running with a break in the middle. But I've seen awesome results by following this program, and I've already done way more than I ever thought possible (you know, like running for longer than I walked :) ) so I'm just going to go out there and do my best.

I was also in a super good mood when I went out yesterday because as I was getting my iPod ready to go I saw that I had two comments on my blog. From people not in my immediate family. People who have their own blogs that I think are super awesome. What a shocker. :) Thanks Mélanie and Caitlin, you made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment