Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good and Bad...and a layout

Lately, the little things are good. Day-to-day, I've been pretty happy. I'm really pleased with the progress I'm making running. (This week has been challenging AND fun.) I've been finding it easier to navigate our constantly changing schedules and find time for workouts, home-cooked meals and family time. I'm comfortable in our new house, our new life.

But when I stop and think about the big things, mostly money, the good mood evaporates. Mostly, I worry that I spend too much time focusing on the little things and I don't make progress on the big things. My long-term goals are to find a full-time job and to get our finances to a point to be able to buy a house. Obviously, these are related, and neither of them are going particularly well right now. My job search has basically stopped. Things are better now that I'm working part-time at Hallmark, but it's not a long-term solution, and I know that. I just feel like there are not many jobs out there, and I'm not very qualified for any of them. What exactly does a degree in International Relations qualify me to do in the Pensacola area? I don't know, so too often, I don't do anything.

Ahh...writing this all down is just dragging me down like usual. I don't feel motivated to do something, I feel absolutely overwhelmed.

I'm going to go do my dishes from last night. At least I know where to start and will have a concrete accomplishment to point to when I'm done. Oh, and here's a layout I finished a while back.


This is one of my favorite recent pages. I love the colors and the scalloped border. The only thing I'm not sure about is the green swirly on the picture, but whatever.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment