Saturday, August 22, 2009

Self-imposed scrapbook hiatus

That's it. I'm done. No more scrapbooking until I get myself settled into the new place (and I still have no idea exactly how I'm going to set up the space or what kind of furniture I need to buy). I've got less than a week until moving day, and if that wasn't enough to encourage me to pack it all in, I ran out of page protectors yesterday. I definitely don't want to have to move any pages not in protectors, and I don't really have the time or money to run out and get some more right away. So the hiatus begins. At least I have quite a few more pages to share here on the blog, so that might help ease the withdrawal. :) And hey, maybe I'll update here a little more often. But I'm not making any promises.

Oh, I have to tell this story about me and Skeletor that happened earlier this week on Tuesday (mostly just for myself, I don't want to forget). We've had a fair amount of rain on and off this week as the remnants of Tropical Storm Claudette came through, but I really wanted to take Skelly on a walk that morning. I even checked the radar on Weather.com before we left and thought that we would be fine. Unfortunately, it started to POUR when we got to the top of our street (a little more than five minutes from home). Skeletor hates the rain and getting wet, so he was really antsy. I decided to start jogging with him to get home a little faster, but he wanted to RUN and was pulling hard. Halfway down our street I decided to let Skelly off the leash to run his little heart home. He bolted out ahead of me, but I could see him fine. Just like I thought, he knew exactly where he was going and turned at our driveway headed straight for the front door. The funny thing is that the loud rain had woken up Adam at home and when he realized that we weren't at home he knew that we must be caught outside somewhere. He was about to get in his car to come find us, but when he opened the door, Skeletor ran right up to him. I was still about 2 houses behind so he didn't see me yet, and he was REALLY confused for a minute. Maybe I got struck by lightning and Skeletor ran to get help. Anyway, we all made it home safe, even if we were SOAKED. Skeletor was really unhappy with getting so wet and he spent the rest of the morning wanting to be really near to us. For awhile, he would whine if one of us wasn't physically touching him.

Other than that, here's a couple pages to share.


I like the way this page turned out with the same picture 3 times. I think it does a good job highlighting the pink shirt in the middle one. I used the same idea that I used for this page I made earlier this summer because I really loved the way that one turned out.



And just a little something for Adam's Air Force book. This is him at his scarf drop last summer (hence the Randolph paper). I think it's a cool picture, but all he says when he sees it is that he looks "totally bald." He's really sensitive about that. I think he's silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment