Monday, August 10, 2009

Shaking off the funk

Ok, so maybe I already took a two-hour nap today and it's only 2pm. And I haven't taken a shower yet. But with that being said, I am starting to feel like I'm shaking off the weird funk I've been in for the past few days. I've done a lot of packing (almost depleted my current stash of bubble wrap actually), tidied up the out-of-control kitchen and even vacuumed in my office space. Plus, Skelly and I went out on a (god awful hot) walk this morning and I made one new scrapbook page. I feel good. I know that next week my work schedule ramps up a lot, so I need to get a lot done this week because moving is now less than 3 weeks away. Also, I was ridiculously psyched for NFL football to start yesterday, even if it was just the Bills and the Titans in a pre-season game. Football season is SO fun.

In terms of scrapbooking, I haven't had any big days with tons of pages, but I'm still plodding my way to a "page-a-day" pace. I know I can do it soon. Here are some of the ones I've been working on.


Adam and Briana at the squadron Christmas party last year. I drew the curve freehand to try something new. "Silliness" was cut with my Slice Wedding card. Big surprise. :)


I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I used sketch #37 from Pink Sketches and I tried my hand at "distressing" the paper for the first time. I think it came out really neat and it fits with the theme of the page, like Skeletor was chomping down on it. Plus, Adam really loves the fake-out photo - Skelly was actually chewing something underneath the bag of M&M's.

No comments:

Post a Comment