Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm an adult?

It happened slowly, but now all of a sudden I'm realizing that I'm really an adult. I'm married (for two years!), I have a puppy. I want to buy a house and have kids some time in the near future. It seems pretty obvious, but it's just starting to dawn on me that all of this stuff together makes me a full-blown adult. I'm in charge of my own life.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about being an adult. Obviously, I've gotten to this point by my own free will. I made the choices, like getting married and adopting a puppy, that have turned me into an adult. I didn't HAVE to do any of that, but I wanted to. So that's good. I'm doing what I want. What I don't like is feeling like being an adult makes me no fun. Being an adult means managing time and money wisely, and realizing that my long-term goals are more important than going out to dinner just because I don't feel like cooking. The problem is just that there's basically no tangible satisfaction in doing that. Going out to dinner makes me happy for that hour that we're out at a restaurant. Paying down my credit card bill with that $50 instead is not nearly as satisfying. So after 20 times of saying no to eating out, I start to feel pretty lame, like I'm saying no to the fun and satisfaction of going out.

I'm also pretty sure that questioning if I really want to be an adult is just further proof that I really am an adult. I don't think there's any going back at this point. Just like all the other adults out there, I have to find my own balance between responsible and fun.

Moving on...

I had yesterday off so I managed to clean the half bathroom, make Fiber One cookies AND do some scrapbooking. I haven't taken pictures yet though, so the pages below are from last week. Miraculously, the rain stopped just about an hour before I wanted to run yesterday. I was feeling tired and uninterested in the run at about 5:30pm, but I knew that feeling would be 100x worse if I was lame and skipped the run, so I got dressed and went out anyway. My run was AWESOME. I went for 25 minutes, and I felt I could have easily gone longer. I felt like I was running faster than last time and everything was just clicking. Here's hoping for another awesome run tomorrow.


I used a sketch found here for this one. The result is not great, but not bad.


This was an idea I wanted to use for a while, just one picture balanced with a lot of journaling. It's OK, but I'm not really thrilled. I think the cute picture of Skelly hugging a pillow is kind of lost.

Anyway, that's all for now. I've got a free morning and afternoon, but I have to work 5-close tonight. Which means I have to eat dinner BEFORE I go in. :(

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment