Friday, July 24, 2009

New house pictures! (Outside edition)

Things are going SO well with the house. Maybe a little too well. It's kind of freaking me out. Mostly now I'm a little paranoid that there are still 5 weeks until closing because our current lease isn't up until the end of August. It seems like we won't have much to do but pack and worry that everything stays carefully in place. The past week has been so busy, and we've made progress everyday. Without that to keep my mind occupied, I'm just going to sit around worrying because I can't say that everything is 100% official until closing.

But I don't want to do too much complaining. I know that it's a good thing that we haven't had too much difficulty securing our loan and that the house is in such good shape. I'm also excited that yesterday we got to go inside for the first time since last Wednesday when we saw it for the first time. I brought my camera and a measuring tape with me during the inspection, so I have some more detailed pictures to share. You can see more general pictures at the listing here (click on the picture of the house to see more).


The outside of the house from the north (the house faces east). I really just wanted a picture of the Coldwell Banker sign because I has the little red star that says "Sale Pending." Hooray!



These two pictures are for my Grandpa. When my mom was buying her first house he grilled her about everything the house had, but she was stumped whe he asked her where the outside water spigots were. Well, there are two at my new house. The first one is at the fron of the house to the left of the garage (you can also see the house's satellite dish), and the second is on the back of the house. And don't worry, Grandpa, I also have a sprinkler system that covers all of the grass and landscaped areas. :)


See. Here's Adam and the inspector checking out the backyard sprinklers. No, sadly the grill on the right will not stay. We'll have to put that on our wishlist.



Speaking of the backyard, here are a couple more pictures. The pictures in the listing give a good idea of how big the backyard is generally, but there's also a good amount of space on either side of the house. Each side is about 14 feet wide. Each side also has a gate to get in and out, but the one on the south side (the picture with Adam) doesn't open all the way (it gets caught on the ground).



Now to the front of the house. There's a nice covered entry way, so when you're fumbling for your keys, you don't have to stand in the rain. It also has a pretty new looking Pella storm door. You don't see that a lot in Florida. The front is all landscaped with cute little shrubs and plants. The sprinklers are built into it, too.


The mailbox is big. Plenty of room to send us fun packages. :)


The garage is a little smaller than the house we're renting now, but I think we'll manage just fine. There's a neat little line of hooks running along the right-hand wall that will probably stay.



I didn't want to go up into the attic (pull-down stairs in the garage), so I made Adam take few pictures for me. There's not a ton of storage, but I don't think we really need much. The house has four bedrooms and plenty of closets.

OK, that's enough pictures for one post. I'll be back in a minute to post some inside pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment