Friday, July 24, 2009

New house pictures! (Master edition)

OK, I promise this is the last of it. I know I went a little picture crazy, but it's my first place, so what do you expect. Anyway, if you haven't seen the rest of my picture posts, keep scrolling down to see other parts of the house and the outside.


Ok, so this isn't in the master suite, but just outside it. When you go into the nook off the living room toward the bedroom, this little closet is on the left. When you turn right you're in the master bedroom.


I really like the size of this bedroom. It's spacious without feeling like it's too big or like we need more stuff to fill it up. The sliders out to the backyard are nice, too.


View of the master from the opposite direction. The door is into the bathroom.


As you enter the master bath, the vanity with two sinks is on the left. I don't really love the counter tops or the fixtures (or the light fixtures), but what bugs me the most is the empty space in between the sinks. I would much rather have some more drawers and stuff than a place to stow a chair. Without any medicine cabinets, I really don't know where all of our stuff is going to go.


There is this closet, which is fairly large and deep, behind the door (so, immediately to your right as you come in from the bedroom). Adam is used to keeping his toiletries in a closet, so maybe this will work for him. This closet might also be a good home for a hamper if we want to hide it.


This is the stand-alone shower. Nothing really too exciting or cool. It would be nicer if it had a glass enclosure instead of a curtain, but a curtain will have to do. It's directly across from the sinks, between the linen closet and the tub.


The soaker tub is nice, but not quite as big or deep as others I've seen or the one here in the house we're renting. But then again, I've only used the one in this house once in about 5 months, so maybe it's not such a big deal.


I do like that the toilet has a separate door from the rest of the bathroom. It makes it nicer when two people are trying to get ready at the same time. The toilet is on the left as you walk in, just past the sinks.


Finally, the closet. Yes, only one closet. This will be the first time since we've lived together that Adam and I will share a closet. Good thing it's pretty big. I think it has as much space as our separate closets now. The only annoying thing is that the door gets in the way of about a third of the space, so you have to go inside and close the door to have access to that stuff. Other than that, it's pretty standard, pretty nice. I AM a little worried about getting Adam's cooties from having my stuff so close to his, but these are the risks I'm just going to have to take if I want to own my own house.

Obviously, not much else has been going on around here. I've already started packing and gathering stuff ready to move into one of the extra bedrooms here. I've already nabbed several free boxes from work. Other than work and the essential stuff, I haven't really had time for much else. No scrapbooking and not even a whole lot of glueing. I still have a (slightly smaller) pile sitting on the desk needing attention. But with five weeks until closing, I think I'll probably have some time to play again before I have clean up and pack. I will post some more pages soon. I also had a couple of unlucky days where I couldn't run, but I hope to get to that sometime soon, too.

Now I'm off to catch up on READING blogs, and maybe even to sneak into bed early with my book. I hope everyone loves our new place as much as we do. Come on down to Florida and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment