Monday, November 23, 2009

Winter...

OK, so maybe I was outside with the dogs in short-sleeves today, but I'm still getting affected by the changing season. It's not the weather, it's the light. It's SO DARK already (5pm)! It makes me feel like curling up and doing nothing since it feels so much later. For some reason it seems a lot more sudden and jarring this year. I just can't seem to get used to it. I'm fighting it, but not very effectively. Maybe I'll try to vacuum around here a little later. Or maybe I'll just watch the football game...

I did accomplish the one big errand I had set out for today: I returned the wheelchair we rented for my dad to the medical supply store. And BONUS, I found a big Jo-Ann's craft store in P-cola that I had never been to before. DOUBLE BONUS, it's only about a block away from the Hobby Lobby in P-cola. How convenient. :) I showed remarkable self-restraint and didn't buy ANYTHING. Money is a little tight for the rest of the month until we get paid. It's OK though, our Disney vacation was totally worth it.

As soon as I got home Skelly and I took a drive over to visit Lauren and Jack. The boys had a great time running around and rough-housing and Lauren and I had some nice girl time. I fact, we made another play date for Wednesday before I have to go to work. I'll probably have to make my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to bring for Thanksgiving while they're here, but that should be fine.

Now...I still have some older pages I haven't posted here yet (I just hate posting more than 1 or 2 at a time because I feel like they can make a post super long), but Adam has requested that I try to post my newest ones. That way he can see what I'm working on while he's gone. So here's my first batch of the pages I made this week while he was gone. Love you, baby! (Oh, and I REALLY apologize for the horrible quality of these pictures. I took them no tripod in my extremely poorly lit living room. Yet another annoying side effect of early nightfall.)


I was trying to catch up on my blog reading yesterday and I finally saw this post (from Oct. 28) on the Mosh Posh blog. I loved the look of the page in progress, so I decided to try a rare 2-pager. I like putting more full-size pictures on a page, but I always feel like there's SO MUCH space to fill up. Having an idea to borrow made it a lot easier.


This is my attempt at mixing and matching papers for a monochromatic layout. I love these pictures at McGuire's (and I wanted to document this location tradition), and I printed them that size so I could mix in the "Official Irishman" card from the restaurant, too. I used this sketch from The Scrappiest because I liked the look of a grid on top of a grid. I made another page that I'll share a little with the same sketch that came out very different. It's cool when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment