Monday, November 16, 2009

Things are settling down...

Well, mostly.

It's been a pretty crazy few weeks, with visits, vacations and last minute preparations for deployment, but now that's all over. Things were a lot quieter today. Both my parents and Adam's mom called to "check up" on me, but I have to say that I'm really feeling fine. Maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet, but I'm not feeling especially sad or lonely. I cried a little at the airport, but the rest of the day has been pretty OK.

It also may have helped that I had to deal with my garbage disposal breaking this morning. At first, I just had to laugh. Literally the very first moment I was on my own, I had a major breakdown on my hands. I tried what I could from troubleshooting tips I found online, but eventually I had to call for service. Unfortunately, they can't come until tomorrow morning. And you know what kind of sucks? Not having a working kitchen sink. Sigh. It might even be worse than not having a husband to cuddle at night. Nah, I take that back.

For the next few days I'll be busy at Will's graduation and working, so I don't know if I'll update details/photos of our vacation, but I will definitely be working on pages about it. In fact, I just finished gluing a new one I out together during football tonight. At least there's a little silver lining in so much time alone. I expect to get A LOT of these vacation pictures scrapped. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment