Monday, August 16, 2010

The iPad - Week One

So, in case it wasn't clear from my previous two posts: I got a new iPad! I realize now that in my frustration in not being able to post (or at least to type anything into the actual body of the blog post),I forgot to mention directly what brought me back to blogging. Of course, my Dad's gentle hints about whether or not I had abandoned the blog made their impression, too.

It's really amazing how having the iPad for only a week has changed my computing habits. Because I use it for most of my day-to-day computer stuff (checking email, reading blogs, etc.), I go to my laptop so much less frequently. Actually, I forget about some things I would normally do when I'm on my computer (like upload or edit pictures). Mostly, though, it's been really cool, and generally I think it's a good thing to use my laptop less. That was one of the main ideas: to help my laptop last longer by using it less. I'm still figuring out all of the ins and outs, and it's a fun process. Today, for example, my iPad case finally arrived. With that and our wireless keyboard attached, it's a lot easier to type things like a blog post this long. Overall, I think it was a great purchase. :)

Believe it or not, I have been doing more than just bonding with my new iPad. In fact, today I was a whirlwind of cleaning and organizing. I washed the dogs, cleaned up my bathroom, did dishes, laundry and got waist deep in putting away scrapbook layouts before I hit a wall about an hour ago. At least I have the whole day off of work, so I should have plenty of time to get a second wind and clean up the piles on my floor before bedtime. I also had good intentions of getting on the old laptop to print some pictures tonight, but I may give myself permission to put that off until tomorrow. It all depends on how involved I get in playing iPad games tonight. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment