Sunday, October 25, 2009

Alone...

So, Adam left early this morning for a week-long TDY. Football Sunday just won't be the same without him. At least I've got some people from work coming over in the evening, so cleaning up the house and making up some food will keep me busy. For the rest of the week, it'll be more of the same since I'll be cleaning up for my mom and dad's visit (they'll be on their way this time next week, whoa). I also have to keep up my running and enjoy the quiet time/scrapbooking time since I probably won't have a long stretch like this until Adam leaves for his 2 month deployment.

Not much else to report because all I did last night was work one of the most boring shifts ever at the Hallmark store. Nothing to do, no customers, and Toby and I were both deeply tired. It's a miracle we made it to 9pm.

I've got a couple more pages from August (before the move) to share before I head out the door to walk Skeletor. He'll be much more willing to just chill with me on the couch and watch football later if we go out for a walk now.


This page is not actually as crooked as my photo makes it seem. The rest of its flaws are, however, real. I mean, I like the photo and the idea of that title, but I feel like nothing on the page goes together really well. But I'd still rather put this in my album than start from scratch again.


I'm pretty happy with this simple page about Adam's Grandma and Grandpa Borla from Christmas last year. I think I used a sketch, but it's been such a long time I can't remember where I got it from now. Maybe from this Canadian website?


I like to end on a good note, and this is my favorite of the three pages. I loved this page when I found it online, and I pretty much copied it exactly for my page about Adam's fraternity. The white, gold and blue are the fraternity's colors, and I added the red for just a little bit of "pop." The only thing I don't like is the roughness of the letters in the title because I hand-cut them. I wish they looked more smooth and sleek.

No comments:

Post a Comment