Monday, September 14, 2009

...and we're back!

San Antonio was a lot of fun! Briana's family is really nice and she swept the Nav school awards (not surprised). We had a lot of good meals and good catching up time and we even stayed out until 4:30am on Friday night. Skeletor had an awesome time at Camp Bow Wow, and was even able to spend some time with us and his Aunt Briana at a barbeque on Saturday. I am really impressed at how much more relaxed he has gotten as he's gotten older. He did great traveling in the car (12 hours each way) and with the kids at the barbeque.

I was surprised at how weird it felt to be back where we used to live. Adam and I felt so old remembering the stuff we used to do "way back" when we lived there (6 months ago). Being back at home is kind of weird, too, since we're still not completely comfortable here. Boxes are still unpacked, I don't remember where I've put stuff away, and our new furniture won't be delivered until Thursday so we're still sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I really want everything set up and finished, but it's so hard when we don't have the big pieces in place yet. Plus, it's just overwhelming sometimes and hard to know where to begin. But I shouldn't complain. We have plenty of time to get things the way we want them; we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm really missing scrapbooking recently. I think it would help give me a break from thinking about the house. Right now, there's not much I can do at home but watch TV (on our small bedroom TV sitting on the mattress on the floor) or unpack/organize the house. It's kind of boring. Buying new furniture so I can set up a space to scrapbook here is next on the list, but I still don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I don't have a clear picture of what I need or what would work in the space. Maybe I'll start looking up desks and tables online.

Until I get that all hammered out, I'll have to be content with looking back through my albums and posting my backlog of pages here.


This is Adam and me at Texas Land & Cattle for Valentine's Day this year, only about 5 days before we moved to Florida. There's not much story to the picture other than that, so I kept it simple.


I found these "old" pictures of me and Adam at a Nationals game our senior year at AU and decided to scrap them. I think it came out pretty well with just one little scrap of patterned paper. I REALLY need more red, white and blue supplies considering that my husband is in the military and our school colors were red, white and blue.

Well, I think it's about time to do just a little more unpacking and settle in to watch the final of the US Open...and then a Monday Night Football double-header. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment