Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Three's company

It's a little more crowded than usual here at the house. Somehow, when I was at the wedding on Saturday night, I ended up agreeing to puppy-sit the happy couple's 1-year-old German short-haired pointer while they go on their honeymoon this week. (They totally pulled a dirty trick. I mean, who's going to say no to a bride on her wedding day?) Apollo and Skeletor have been friends since Logan first adopted Apollo, and they get along pretty well. But Apollo is considerably bigger than Skelly, younger than Skelly, and also not neutered yet. Add to that Skeletor acting neurotic and possessive (i.e. sitting on my lap in the computer desk right now as I'm typing), and it's a lot for me to handle on my own. In the first few hours of yesterday morning I was seriously reconsidering my previous enthusiasm for adopting another puppy. Until they were both worn out and sleeping peacefully curled up on either side of me on the couch. Then it was just too cute for words.

Regardless, my quiet week with 3 days off in a row no longer seems so quiet. I also got roped into providing a meal for a family in our sqaudron on Friday (no idea yet what I'm going to make for them) and I have to pick up some provisions for the next care package being sent out. And I'd LIKE to get to my local scrapbook store, since it's having a 50% off EVERYTHING sale this week. Wish me luck.

Speaking of scrapbooking, I've decided to take a little break. It'll probably be only about a week. I just can't shake out of my "uninspired" funk. In the past two days I've started four different pages, hoping to get one finished and build up some momentum, but I just end up staring at the papers I've pulled out cluelessly. I think I need some distance and some fresh eyes. So this week I'm going to read, empty my inbox, tackle my to-do list and leave scrapbooking for next week. Maybe it will help and maybe it won't, but I just can't drive myself crazy staring blankly at my desk anymore.

Ok, time to finish addressing my Christmas thank yous so they can get in the mail today. And go check on the mysteriously quiet Apollo.

No comments:

Post a Comment