Sunday, January 17, 2010

Football AND Tennis!

Lucky me! Just after the Jets beat the Chargers this evening, and I was wondering what I was going to do with myself, I realized that it's already Monday in Australia and coverage of the Australian Open has started. Yay! It's been such a nice day to hibernate at home. :)

Tomorrow I have to take Skeletor to the vet to get the vaccines he missed out on last week when he was having problems with his appetite. He seems much improved since then (apart from puking up the nasty meat he found on the ground in our neighborhood), so I'm hoping it'll be a relatively quick trip. I hope to come home for lunch and then head back out to spend some of my Christmas gift cards. :) (p.s. I'm starting to notice that smileys at the end of paragraphs are kind of my thing. I like it. It's a happy little punctuation ending.)

Things have been good this week, if fairly boring. I generally feel good with where I'm at, and how things are working out. I've been trying to set more realistic expectations for myself, and it's really made a difference in my feelings of satisfaction. The way I see it, there's a constant current of stuff that needs attention pushing us back. Too often, I've let it push me back to far where I've had to flail around like crazy to get ahead. I want everything to be done perfectly, so I don't do it at all until I have enough time or energy to do it perfectly. Which is kind of ridiculous. There is no such place as "caught up," where there's nothing to take care of and everything is beautiful and clean. There is just life. Messy and imperfect. And that's OK. That's good.

Alright, enough personal philosophy. Here are two more pages I made this week.
I'm still not very happy with my photos of pages, or with my photos in general. I still think bad photos are better than no photos. Maybe I'll pick up a photo book sometime this year, but I'm not going to set my expectations too high.


1 comment:

  1. Cute pages babe :) Can't wait to hibernate at home with ya soon!

    ReplyDelete