Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dwelling on the positive

This weekend, I've been dwelling a lot on the negative. I just haven't been able to slip into the routine like I wanted and I can't seem to stop beating myself up about it. I just feel like it's been so hard to accomplish the goals I set out for myself

What I really need to remind myself is that this isn't the end of the world. Not even close. There are plenty of things that could have been better about this weekend, but there are plenty of things that could have been worse. I believe that every day and every moment is a new chance to make the right the decision, to move in the right direction. I just haven't been acting like it.

So to change the depressing momentum that I've been letting myself fall into, here are a few of the positive things that happened this weekend, things that are worth remembering and dwelling on:

I met Pierce's girlfriend Lauren who will be coming to live with him (down the street) in the fall. She seems super nice and I'm looking forward to having a friend close by.

Even though it was a gigantic ordeal to take him to the emergency vet and it turned out to be nothing, I'm very glad that Skeletor's allergic reaction, aka giant swollen nose, turned out to be nothing and got better with just a little Benadryl.

I made up four new scrapbook pages today and it felt good to find ways to make do with what I have instead of buying anything new.

I did do the two things I mentioned I was absolutely not going to miss out on: getting Skelly a walk on Saturday and going to church.

I finished my library book and now I can go pick out another one.

Now I plan on getting in my pajamas and doing pushups (I'm trying to follow this program: http://hundredpushups.com/index.html). Would it be easier to go to bed without doing them? Absolutely. But will I feel better knowing that I did something that I said I would do? Absolutely. So pushups it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment