Wednesday, December 1, 2010

7 weeks

Yes, I know it's been more than 7 weeks since I last posted here. :)

So then what does 7 weeks mean? Well, I'm 7 weeks pregnant! Crazy, right? And since my dad has been alternately bugging me about posting to my blog and about sending him "before" pictures of me, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone: a pregnancy update (with pictures!) on my blog.

For the first couple weeks I felt totally fine. If I hadn't taken that test, I definitely would not have guessed I was pregnant. The next week, my appetite felt kind of off. I'd be uninterested in food one minute and then starving the next. This week, it's been more of that and also a fair amount of just being nauseous. Today is actually one of my worst days so far. I started writing this blog post because my tummy was in no mood for breakfast when I got back home from walking the puggles. Still, it really hasn't been terrible. I've never felt so nauseous that I thought I would actually throw up, it comes and goes fairly quickly, and it's worst in the mornings so my afternoons/evenings are not so bad.

TheBump.com is kind of a cool pregnancy website. It has a baby size tracker that compares your growing baby to a fruit or vegetable each week. We started as a poppyseed at week 4 and now we've graduated all the way up to blueberry. Adam is super pumped for next week when we upgrade to raspberry - his favorite fruit. Thankfully, the full-term watermelon still seems very far away. :)

Mostly life feels very much the same right now. I don't feel physically different or limited at all yet, and since I don't smoke or drink or even drink coffee/soda that much anyway, I haven't felt like I've had to make any drastic lifestyle changes. Also, Adam and I are trying to keep a broad view on things and not get bogged down in details that don't need our attention just yet. Figuring out a schedule of visits, deployments, showers and eye surgery for Adam has been most important. The curtains for the nursery can wait. Right now, my attention is mostly on budgeting our way through the holidays. A certain puggle's emergency lump removal was a pretty hefty unexpected cost last month.

Now, I know that all my dad is interested in are pictures of me and my tummy. I've taken a picture every Sunday since we first got the positive test, but at this point, I could probably shuffle them all around and no one could guess which week is which. Yes, I'm a little round, but don't get too excited. I was a little round to start off with. I like to run, but like to eat even more. :)



Week 4


Week 5



Week 6



Week 7

Hmmm...clearly I need to work on having less disheveled hair and less fake smiles.

Until next week...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pic.I will continue to nag because I can. Check your oil too!

    ReplyDelete