Saturday, December 5, 2009

Black Hole

I think last week fell into a black hole somewhere. There's really no other explanation for how it could be Saturday already. And Christmas less than 3 weeks away? Not possible. Overall, I get the feeling of running around but not really getting anywhere. That's why posting to this blog helps. It makes me step back and take stock and to realize that I HAVE accomplished quite a few things.

I have a plan for my Christmas spending and an idea of what to get most people on my list. Now it's just a matter of executing that plan. I have my Christmas travel plans under control (as much as I can control them). And though I don't have any of my Christmas decorations out yet, I do have a fairly clean house and time off tomorrow and Sunday to tackle that task. I just have to hope that next week doesn't get swallowed up by the same black hole.

I did manage to squeeze a few crafty things out of the black hole last week. BUT, part of my whirlwind of activity was buying 2 new albums and organizing my piles of pages, so a couple of the things I made got swept up and into the new albums before I took pictures. I might go back and find them, take them out and get good pictures. But probably not. I'm not very interested in disturbing the impressively tidy row of albums now on my bookshelf. I also worked on my first photo-less project with my scrapbooking supplies, but I can't share that either. It's going to be a Christmas present for someone who might check this blog before then, and I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'm really proud of it, though, so I'll take a picture before I wrap it up and try to remember to post it after the holidays. I do have a couple things from last week to share, so it's not a total loss.


I knew I had a lot of good pictures from the Kilimanjaro Safari at the Animal Kingdom, so I decided to go with a two-pager to get more on there. I used a page in a special issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine (that my mom generously got for me while she was visiting) for an outline of the design and then I found some zoo/safari stickers I had laying around and it came together really quickly after that. Obviously, my photo of the page is horrible, but I've already apologized about that several times.


I'm so glad my dad took these family pictures of me, Adam and Skeletor. I didn't have much to say about the photo, so I kept it pretty simple. I should have cropped the photo a little closer, but oh well.

Right now I think it's time for some lunch and then some work on my Christmas cards. I'm considering still farming out the writing of our yearly letter to Adam since he seems to have so much free time on his hands. I'll write him an email and see what he thinks about that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment