Monday, December 7, 2009

New Moon

Yup. I finally saw it. :) I liked it more than the first movie, which is interesting because I didn't like the book as much. It was actually my least favorite of the books. Even James, who said his friends at work were all making fun of him when he said he was taking me, ended up saying it was very entertaining. The awkward teen moments are absolutely my favorite part. It put me in the mood to start rereading the book tonight (I just finished Atonement - amazing), but I can't find my copy amidst the unpacked book boxes in our "office." :( Both the books and the movies are absolutely the definition of "guilty pleasures." You know while you're reading/watching that they're cheesy/corny/melodramatic, but you can't help but be drawn in.

In other news, I totally s-ed the b at the post office today. I forgot to bring Adam's address with me, and I knew I was going to use flat rate boxes there, but I didn't bring anything to pad the items I was shipping. Now I just have to go back tomorrow. And again at least one more time (probably several) to ship out the rest of my Christmas presents. I'm setting myself an absolute deadline of next Monday to have everything I'm shipping taken care of. I might need more time for my mom's gift, but since I'm taking it with me, I don't have to have that finished until the last minute.

I did have an awesome score today, though. I had to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart after the post office. While I was there, I decided that our money was looking OK for the rest of the month and that I could use some Christmas money from Adam's mom to buy a set of punches I've been wanting for awhile. They're $20, but that's a pretty good deal. Except when I went to the register they rang up as $2 instead. Ummm....I went right back and picked up another one for that price! I don't know if it was because they're going to clear them out or if it was just a register glitch, but I know that I was very lucky today! I took them home and started playing and I LOVE the look. They'll both get a LOT of use.

Speaking of scrapbooking goodness, I do have a couple pages I did yesterday to share. The light was not quite so perfect today, but I think we've officially moved past the shameful indoor nighttime pictures.



There's not much to say about them. They're good but not great, but overall, I'm pleased. I used the button they gave Adam when he tried out on the American Idol page and I found a photo of the Power Rangers logo to use as my title for that page. That was definitely the best character picture we got all week, and we didn't have to wait in any line.

No comments:

Post a Comment